Tips for Preparing Your Quilt Top for Long Arm Quilting
• Trim the loose threads on the back of the quilt. This is very important if you have a light background with dark piecing.
The threads will show through after stitched.
• Press the quilt top if you have NOT pressed as you pieced. Press bulky seams open.
• Press the quilt back, seam to one side. The quilt back should be 8 inches longer and wider than the quilt top.
Example, quilt top is 80x90; the back should be AT LEAST 88x98.
• Do NOT baste or attempt to sandwich the quilt top, batting, and backing.
• Batting should also be at least 8 inches longer and wider than the quilt top.